Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Martha's Tree Bench!

I've been so crazy busy lately, sorry it's taken me so long to get back here.....

Finally got my Martha tree bench done. We used cedar wood, and I used BEHR Paint Plus Primer all in one, and I have to say it is great stuff! The first time I painted it, the color was a bit more yellowish, so I went back and had them re-tint it by adding more brown until I was happy with it. I think it looks better now....


I liked the way the brackets turned out....simple yet elegant!


Here is another angle...At first I had a ledge at the back close to the tree itself, but took it off, it looked too bulky or something. Yes, I am completely neurotic!!! But if it feels odd to me, I have to figure out why..... I think I got it, finally.


You can see here how it matches the house and garage trim.



Hope you like it.... now on to finish another one of my projects that I started....my bookcase, so close to being done that! Tell me what you think and about any of your projects on the go!
Cindy
xo




16 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful! YOU built that? It looks as if it's always been there; it belongs there.

    I have a gazillion things on the go as usual, lol!

    Glad you're back!

    Sue
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby built it....I design he builds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it is gorgeous!!!! You guys did an amazing job. I love the colour and it does match everything beautifully. I love the bracket detail. The photos of the outside of your home take me back to yesteryear. I'm looking for a horse and buggy (lol). Sue is right, it looks like it's always been there and I think that is so important when renovating an historic property - to maintain the original integrity. You do that so well!
    Lisa@SuburbanRetreat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cynthia,

    Thanks for stopping by at my blog. The sisal ruf was bought bij Riviera Maison in the Netherlands.

    Hugs,
    Rozmeen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that is just wonderful , great job again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i absolutely love this! thank goodness you linked it up again, b/c i wanted to take a closer look and the first link didn't work. whew. i plan to do something like this, but i am afraid it would be a little messy from birds in the tree...how do you find that? unpleasant, but a valid concern nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - that is awesome - so cool - love the look of that - I wish I had a tree I could do that to

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely charming. I love the brackets too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tree bench is perfect and gorgeous!!!
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great job, looks so romantic! Visiting from My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cynthia-

    You don't see many tree benches like this anymore. It is wonderfully old fashioned, but modern at the same time. You did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh...how I would love to have one of these around my tree, especially during summertime!
    Daisy~

    ReplyDelete
  13. How magical- I'm loving it! Reminds me of the Secret Garden. There was a bench around a tree in that movie and I've always wanted one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's beautiful! And I can see so many memories being made there. I didn't see it with the ledge, of course, but I totally know what you mean. I think I'd prefer it just the way it is, too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments make me smile!

Related Posts with Thumbnails