Sunday, August 1, 2010

A sneak peak!

Sorry, I have been not such a good blogger this week! I've had to entertain my kids, and I was working lots of crazy shifts...days, nights, etc.....But this is what I've been up to inbetween ! This is the bookcase I've been designing and with hubby's carpentry, pulling together. It is a knock off of a Pottery Barn one, but much cheaper. When I'm finished priming and painting, I will show you how we did it, and what you need to do it yourself! I think it is turning out better, actually!




Today, hubby pulled out the big guns for this project I sprung on him the other day!

This is our giving tree! We have a few like it on our property, but this one has the swing and the kids climb it etc! So, I wanted this below............................................



Isn't is beautiful! This is from Martha Stewart. I thought it was so amazing, and is just what this area needs! So, right now, he is trying to figure out the layout, math etc......
Stay tuned!!!!
Cindy


6 comments:

  1. Cynthia:

    I've just looked at your post and yelled at my husband to come and look at your husband's tools on the front lawn. It made me giggle because I can tell you have a VERY talented man on your hands while mine struggles with the smallest project. At least he tries!

    I can't wait to see your bookcase reveal. I'm sure it'll be lovely. You're very inspiring because you obviously have a very busy life with your erratic work schedule and being "Mom" to young children and still being able to tackle projects around the house.

    Keep up the good work - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi- Cute blog- New follower here! Thank you for your comment on my blog! LOVE projects!- bet your bookcase will be great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks soooo good; can't wait to see the reveal on both!

    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are so lucky you have a handy husband. That bookcase is going to look so good! And I love that little tree bench. Can't wait to see them both when they are done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love that bench around the tree! You are so creative.
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing!! What a great idea!!! So nice to meet you ..Im following you (purehunnybee) and look forward to getting to know you better. Nice blog!!

    Deborah :)
    Come visit me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments make me smile!

Related Posts with Thumbnails